The Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA) is pleased to announce the staging of the 8th Annual Caribbean Conference on Comprehensive Disaster Management, which is being held at the Hilton Rose Hall, Montego Bay, from 2nd – 6th December, 2013 in Jamaica. CDM 8 will be convened under the theme: "CDM for Resilient Development: A Good Investment"
The annual Caribbean Conference on Comprehensive Disaster Management (CDM) is the region’s premier event on disaster risk management. Organized by the Coordinating Unit of the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA) in collaboration with its partners, the Conference is the Caribbean region’s largest gathering of professionals in the field of disaster management as well as professionals from sectoral and thematic fields who have specific responsibilities in this area.
- To launch the Caribbean Strategy on Comprehensive Disaster Management 2013-2023.
- To share experiences on resilient development through sound investment by the public and private sectors.
- To examine the benefits of investment in CDM.
- To facilitate dialogue on opportunities for investing in CDM
The Conference will feature the following sessions and events:
- Opening Ceremony
- Plenary Sessions
- Concurrent Sessions
- Panel Discussions
- Talk de Talk
- Youth Session
- Film Festival
- Conference Tour
- Side Bars
- Public-Private Partnerships: A Catalyst for Resilient Investment
- Insuring for Resilience
- Resilient Critical Infrastructure
- Economic Losses and Resilient Recovery
- Building Resilience through Financial and Economic Development Planning
- Constructing and de-Constructing Resilience
- Reducing Agricultural Losses through sound investment choices
Monday, December 2, 2013 - Friday, December 6, 2013
Hilton Rose Hall
Montego Bay, Jamaica, W.I.
(876) 053-2650 / (876) 618-1876